Monday 13 April 2015

San Nae Deul Korean BBQ Buffet @ Nexus, Bangsar South

San Nae Deul Korean BBQ Buffet @ Nexus, Bangsar South



I'm a Korean food lover, so I will always try to look for good Korean food with reasonable price. However, if I want to eat to full at ala carte Korean restaurant without ordering main dish, it will definitely cost me more than RM50 or even more. So for me this kind of big eater, buffet will be the better choice for sure lol. I spotted this promotion running on Groupon priced at RM39 nett for dinner, but when I came here only realized that the promotional price is RM40 without voucher (just not sure is it nett price). What a nice business trick huh? Anyway, just ignore and enjoy the dinner.

This restaurant is actually not a new in market. It has a few other branches but offering ala carte food instead of buffet, in Solaris Dutamas, Puchong, Ara Damansara, Cheras, Ampang and Subang, if not mistaken. And this one is at Nexus, Bangsar South offering buffet.






The interior space is quite big, so customers won't feel hot and stuffy, especially when eating BBQ. They do provide private room too, so customers can enjoy their meal with own privacy.

The shop opens at 6pm sharp for dinner session. I walked around to see what are they serving when they are still preparing the food to get the best food photo before they get messed. They serve cooked food and raw meats for BBQ. For lunch session, only cooked food is served, customers can pay additional charge for BBQ option though.


Banchan
They serve 6-7 types of banchan including mixed vegetables, not-sure-what-bean is that lol, fish cakes, eggplants, potatoes, and another 2 kinds of vegetables. The potatoes taste not bad.

Pancakes
 The Kimchi pancake is ok, but the original pancake is poor. The pancake is too thick.

Fried Chicken
Topokki/Tteokbokki (Rice Cake)
The topokki (rice cake) isn't really nice too. I can't really describe it, but the problem is on the texture of the rice cake. Maybe soaked inside the sauce for too long.

Glass Noodles
Kimchi Fried Rice

Tempura? Not sure what is it called, but it is a fried food with crabstick, carrot, ham, sausage and vege. This is very oily. luckily I only take one piece.

Omelette



The cooked food also includes stirred-fried meats like beef, pork and squid. They don't look appetizing and don't taste good neither.

Kimchi Jjigae
They serve two kinds of soup, one is good and another one is normal. I couldn't really remember which one nice :P
Kimchi
Fruit Salad
Salad Bar


Bibimbab
They do serve Bibimbab too, but not in hot rock bowl. I didn't try it because I'm an almost-carnivore and I usually avoid rice in buffet. You know right !



They also give customers the correct instruction sauce to prepare the BBQ sauce, but I didn't follow it though. I eat it my way !

Dessert Bar

Ice Cream Machine
The choice of dessert bar is super limited with only some pastries, fruits, ice cream and coffee and tea.

Squid, Pork Ju Mul Luk, Chicken BBQ, Dwaeji Gal Bi
Bulgogi (Beef)
La Galbi (Beef Ribs)
Chicken BBQ
Mok Sal (Pork Neck)
Sam Gyup Sal (Pork Belly)
Gochujang Sam Gyup Sal
Soy Bean Paste Sam Gyup Sal
Pork Ju Mul Luk
Sliced Beef
Sliced Pork
I'm not sure what are these for, if for BBQ purpose, I think it's too thin. Yet, I don't see any pot for shabu-shabu. I did take a few for BBQ though.
Fresh Prawn
I didn't see the prawns when I walk around for the first time. I only spotted this when I finish my meal. T.T

The meats are grilled on this hot plate, with a gap allowing the oil to drop to the bottom. However I saw some tables are grilling using electric griller / infrared on a grilling paper. Maybe it's more larger group customers. The staff will help us to clean/ change the hot plate half way. :tup





The meats are all very fresh, and without the smelly porky smell. That's the scariest thing when I eat meat. I like the Moksal and the Gochujang Belly the most. The Moksal is very nice with the pretty marble, eating with the soy bean paste and wrapped with lettuce. If you like garlic, can eat with garlic too, but too bad I don't like garlic. The Gochujang Belly is very well marinated. The chicken bbq, la galbi (beef ribs), dwaeji galbi and the squid is quite nice too. The only disappointing one is the soy bean paste belly. It's too salty to eat plain, perhaps can be neutralized with a piece of lettuce.


They do serve Mandu (dumplings) and gimbap too, but I didn't take photo of them. We did take some fried chicken and some nuggets too. Nothing special, just very normal nuggets and fried chicken. I was expecting the fried chicken to be korean style fried chicken. :(


I usually avoid rice in buffet, but this time I try to get some to try because I like Kimchi Fried Rice, yet it disappointed me. Actually I didn't put much expectation on it. There is 2 kinds of kimchi. The white color one is fresh kimchi while the red one is sour kimchi. For me, the taste are the same, just that the fresh kimchi is crispier.


The cooked food, I only took some. Taste too normal compared to the freshly grilled meats.



The watermelon is very sweet. I ate really a lot. The ice cream is poor. : (




The drinks included in buffet only coffee, tea and water. If you want some other authentic korean drinks or alcohol. You can pay extra for it.


Look at the crowd. The crowd has never stopped.

Overall I think the ambiance is good, not too hot. The taste of the BBQ is nice but just forget about the cooked food. Who cares, the main character is the BBQ ! The price for the quality is fair also.

Recommended dish: Mok Sal, Gochujang Belly

P.S Now they introduced a new loyalty system. Be VIP of San Nae Deul at RM10 and get 15% off in total bill. ( I think the discount is based on original price but not promotional price)

Taste: 7.5/10
Ambiance: 8.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Hygiene: 8/10
Value For Money: 8.5/10
Overall: 8/10

Disclaimer: All the comments above are solely based on my taste buds, and I don't get any profit from any party. If I provide the wrong information or if you have any recommended dishes, please let me know. Thanks.

Non-Halal

San Nae Deul Korean BBQ Buffet

1-3 & 1-4, Level 1 Nexus,
Bangsar South,
59200 Kuala Lumpur

Business HoursMon - Sun: 12:00pm - 3:00pm & 6:00pm - 10:30pm
Phone Number: 016-290 0109 / 03-2242 2373

Facebook: San Nae Deul , https://www.facebook.com/koreanbbqsnd

1 comment :