Wednesday 13 May 2015

樂天皇朝 Paradise Dynasty @ Paradigm Mall, Kelana Jaya

樂天皇朝 Paradise Dynasty @ Paradigm Mall, Kelana Jaya

Paradise Dynasty is a restaurant under Paradise Group. Paradise Group has many restaurants over many countries like China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Japan and even has a new outlet in London recently. (Paradise Inn and KungFu Paradise are under Paradise Group too)

This is the second time I visited Paradise Dynasty. I did review about it at certain food review website but haven't blogged about it. So this time, I decided to put it in my blog. I also dug out some old photos from my previous food review :P
It's an open kitchen concept Chinese restaurant. We can see the food making through glass. We have to take number and wait to be called. Sometimes, the queue is very long, especially on weekend dinner time. During my first visit, I waited for around half an hour. Luckily the queue this time is much shorter.

The interior space is very cozy with ample space. The design is also very special with a big Buddha statue. 



All the tableware are also very beautiful in shiny golden colour, carrying a luxury feel lol.

Ginger Vinegar
Ginger vinegar is to eat together with the dumpling, but it's up to you to eat with or without it. I personally like to eat the dumplings with the ginger vinegar.


The signature dish of this restaurant is the 8 Flavors Xiao Long Bao (Original, Ginseng, Foie Gras, Black Truffle, Cheesy, Crab Roe, Garlic, Sze Chuan).
Signature Dynasty 8 Flavours Xiao Long Bao RM25.90
To achieve optimum tasting experience, we should eat the Xiao Long Bao according to the sequence instructed.

Original 原味 - Have not much to comment about the taste, just one word "NICE"

Ginseng 人參 - Ginseng flavor Xiao Long Bao is quite nice. The taste is not very strong and having a mild aroma. It's quite suitable for those who prefer milder taste.

Foie Gras 鵝肝 - I don't really know how does Foie Gras actually taste like. So I can't really say how nice is it. The taste overall is yet nice.

Black Truffle 黑松露 - Black Truffle is one of the most expensive mushroom in the world. The taste of the truffle is quite strong that I can immediately recognize it in one bite. 

Cheesy 芝士 - The taste of the soup is quite similar to the original one until you bite the middle part of the Xiao Long Bao, then you can taste the MELTED CHEESE! The cheese isn't really strong though. So it should be still acceptable for those who don't like cheese.

Crab Roe 蟹粉 - This is my another favorite flavors. The taste is very nice too, but I can't describe the taste with words.

Garlic 蒜香 - The taste of garlic has overwhelmed the taste of the Xiao Long Bao, but this is quite subjective as I don't like garlic. Garlic lover maybe can try it.

Sze Chuan 四川- The smell is really strong which is not really acceptable by me. It's quite spicy and it tastes like some kind of perfume ( Sorry it's just my own opinion).

Overall, the skin is just right in thickness. While for the taste, all are good except the Garlic and SzeChuan flavour. (My personal preference)

They also serve single flavour Xiao Long Bao. They have introduced a new flavour Xiao Long Bao of  Yellow Wine recently. ( I haven't tried it yet)

四川抄手拌麵 - LaMian with Pork Dumpling in Hot Chili Sauce RM17.90
The appearance might not look good because they actually cut the noodles. The taste is not bad, not too spicy. The texture of the noodle is very springy too. It's freshly made by the chef on the spot.

豬骨湯鮮肉卷拉麵 LaMian with Sliced Pork in Signature Pork Bone Soup RM19.90
I think the soup is cooked with pork bone for very long because the taste is quite rich. We can see from the color of the soup that it's not clear like normal soup.
紅燒牛肉拉麵 LaMian with Beef (Non-Spicy) RM20.90
I ordered a spicy one but I was served with a non-spicy one. Luckily it still tastes not bad. The soup is also very rich, but doesn't have the strong smell of beef. The sliced beef is also tender.

雪菜蝦仁炒飯 Fried Rice with Shrimps and Preserved Vegetables RM17.90
The taste is not bad. However I think that the rice is not dry enough. Perhaps is freshly cooked rice.
揚州炒飯 Yang Zhou Fried Rice
The Yang Zhou Fried Rice is very nice. I can't really explain why it is nice. Maybe the chef controls the fire very well. (Taken from previous review)
紅燒扣肉拉麵 LaMian with Braised Pork Belly in Signature Pork Bone Soup
La Mian with Braise Pork Belly is nice too. (Taken from previous review)




We can watch the chef cooking and making the noodles through the glass. It's actually kind of enjoyment.

Overall the ambiance is very cozy. I like the interior design. Service is ok, the food serving speed is very fast, even though there are a lot of customers. Most of the food that I tried are not bad. The price is reasonable too (similar to other Chinese cuisine restaurant of same standard)

Recommended dish(es): Signature Dynasty 8 Flavours Xiao Long Bao, Yang Zhou Fried Rice, LaMian

All items are subject to 10% Service Charge and 6% GST.

Taste: 8.5/10
Ambiance: 9/10
Service: 8.5/10
Hygiene: 8.5/10
Value For Money: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10

Disclaimer: All the comments above are solely based on my taste buds and based on the food that I have tasted but not the overall food. I don't get any profit from any party. If I provide the wrong information or if you have any recommended dishes, please let me know. Thanks.

Non-Halal

Paradise Dynasty 

Lot 1F-15, Paradigm Shopping Mall,
No. 1, Jalan SS7/26A,
47301 Kelana Jaya, Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia

Business Hours
Mon to Thu 11.00am – 10.00pm (last order 9.30pm)
Fri to Sun & PH 10.30am – 10.00pm (last order 9.30pm)
Phone Number: 03-7887 5022
Other Branch:
Bangsar Village II
Lot 2F-17, Level 2, Bangsar Village II, 2, Jalan Telawi Satu, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur
Phone Number: 03-2201 7022



3 comments :

  1. Good sharing about Paradise Dynasty , please feel free visit back my blog about Paradise Dynasty too. The url is:
    http://kidbuxblog.com/paradise-dynasty-2/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family and I used to love Paradise Dynasty . However this Saturday when we went to Kelana Jaya outlet we were utterly dissapointed . The signature pork bone soup is a great disappointment. I actually saw the chef opened a packet of frozen stock and add that to boiling water to make the soup . I would have expected the soup to be freshly boiled and not consuming some frozen process stuff . Abd because it is not boiled on the same day the taste of the pork is not apparently at all . Don’t think I will go again 😪😪

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shocking dynasty paradise in kelana jaya . Saw the chef using his fingers without any glove on to pick up the ziao long bao. Wonder what else he has used his fingers for earlier . Real disgusting

    ReplyDelete