Saturday 13 June 2015

I Know Pasta @ PV128, Setapak

I Know Pasta @ PV128, Setapak

I Know Pasta is franchised from Taiwan, established since 2001 and there are 19 outlets in Taipei. I Know Pasta started their business in PV128, Setapak, Malaysia since 2013. 



How does the name "I Know Pasta" come from !
For its namesake, I Know Pasta serves a wide variety of pasta and baked rice. The price is quite affordable ranging from RM10.90 to RM19.90. Besides pasta they also do serve fried rice to match with Malaysians' style perhaps.

I am staying nearby here and this is one of the restaurant that I visit very often due to its reasonable price.
Cheese Baked Penne with Chicken Breast in Cream Sauce RM16.90
I have tried many cheese baked pasta with very little cheese, but the amount of this Cheese Baked Penne is very generous. Definitely a very good choice for cheese lover like me.
Spaghetti with Pork Meat Ball in I Know Style Meat Sauce RM14.90
The sauce is like normal Bolognese sauce but creamier. It's kinda special. There is either Chicken Meatball or Pork Meatball to choose, and I chose Pork Meatball. The only drawback is the meatball is not served hot.
Penne Pasta with Chicken Breast In Cream Sauce RM15.90
This one is quite disappointing me because of the sauce is too watery and dilute. The ingredients are quite less too.
Spaghetti with Squid in Roasted Sesame Sauce RM15.90
This is another pasta which is quite new to me. Honestly, I have never tried spaghetti in roasted sesame sauce. The taste is somehow close to the peanut butter that we usually eat but not sweet. It tastes quite nice when I just started to eat, but I felt greasy and cloyed after awhile.

Spaghetti with Squid in Sepia Ink Sauce RM19.90
Squid ink pasta @ RM19.90 is actually quite cheap in this market. However maybe you can notice that the ingredients is actually quite little (just a few prawns). The taste is yet still quite nice anyway. Too bad they ran out of squid that day so it's replaced with prawns.

Baked Rice with Bacon in Cream Sauce RM17.90
You can see the generous amount of cheese as shown in the photo. Cheeeeese lover must order.

Spaghetti with I Know Style Meat Sauce RM10.90
This is one of the cheapest pasta of the restaurant. RM10.90 pasta is actually quite hard to find in the market now (referring to the price of pasta in restaurant).


Chocolate Snow Ice RM7.90
This is actually the free item redeemed from the loyalty card (NP RM7.90). Nothing much to shout about. Just very normal snow ice.
Tiramisu RM7.90
Another free item from the loyalty card, but I just want to say this is one of the poorest Tiramisu that I have ever tasted. It's kinda tasteless and the texture is poor too. Luckily it's just free item.

Garden Salad RM5.90
Free item from loyalty card.




Menu
Loyalty Card
You will get a stamp for each main dish ordered. You can redeem the free item once you get a certain number of stamps and continue to collect stamps until the 12th stamps (Free pasta worth RM15.90).

Overall I think the ambiance is ok. The taste is just normal, so the price is the main factor that attracting me to visit. Furthermore, student can get a 20% off with by showing valid student card.

The elder also can enjoy 55% off on all food and drinks on menu. Besides that, there is also a very attractive privilege for the birthday person. The birthday person can get a FREE main course and drink on the menu during the birthday month. It's absolutely free without any minimum spending which is quite rarely to see. Usually there is terms and conditions at other restaurants.

Recommended dish(es): Cheese Baked Penne

All items are subject to 10% Service Charge and 6% GST.


Taste: 6.5/10
Ambiance: 7/10
Service: 7.5/10
Hygiene: 8/10
Value For Money: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

Disclaimer: All the comments above are solely based on my taste buds and based on the food that I have tasted but not the overall food. I don't get any profit from any party. If I provide the wrong information or if you have any recommended dishes, please let me know. Thanks.

Non-Halal

I Know Pasta

G-31, PV128,

Jalan Genting Klang,
53300, Setapak,
Kuala Lumpur.

Business Hours10.30AM - 10.30PM Daily
Phone Number: 03-2303 5613 / 012-268 1184 

Facebook: I Know Pasta

No comments :

Post a Comment