Sunday 15 February 2015

풀향기Pul Hyang Gi Korean Restaurant @ PV128, Setapak

풀향기Pul Hyang Gi Korean Restaurant @ PV128, Setapak

풀향기 Pul Hyang Gi is another Korean Restaurant in PV128, Setapak other than San Ma Eul which I blogged about before. Unlike San Ma Eul, the location is very unstrategic, because it cannot be noticed easily from the main road. It's just one floor above of  不见不散 Pat Kin Pat San. (Taking the lift besides Pat Kin Pat San, goes to first floor. It's just at the left hand side.)



The decorations and design does not really look like a Korean Restaurant.


풀향기 Pul Hyang Gi means fragrance of nature, memory of childhood, and health to be priority.




This time we only came for the BBQ, so yeah these are the choices of BBQ items. The minimum order is 2 portions (Can mix any 2 BBQ items). The choices of BBQ are quite less compared to other Korean restaurants. ( I can't see any chicken, beef or lamb meat for BBQ on the menu.)





The side dishes are normal, nothing special that attracts me. (Fishcake, pumpkin, bean sprout, cucumber, potato, eggplant) What I can say is the lettuce served is fresh.

The serving speed is slow even though there is only another table of customers that time. Perhaps they should at least serve us the side dishes first but not serving them only when they want to serve the main dishes. The meats are not grilled in front of us, instead they grilled it at another table and serve to us directly when done so our clothes won't be full of oily smell after meal. If you enjoy the feel of having BBQ, perhaps you can request to grill the food at your table.
Dwaeji Galbi RM 23
- Marinated Pork Meat
This meat is very well marinated, and well grilled till little burnt on the outer part. I would really give 2 thumbs up for this dish. If really want to describe the taste, I would say it tastes ALMOST EXACTLY like Chinese Char Siew.


When having our meal half way, we were served with a bowl of soup. ( I wonder why 2 people but only served with one bowl of soup?). It tastes like LIGHT version of Korean Ramen soup.

Spicy Samgyeopsal RM23
-Fresh pork loin with Korean Hot Pepper Paste.
It's showing a 2 chilies icon on the menu. I thought it would be very spicy but it turns out to be quite tasteless, quite disappointing. So I have to eat together with the bean paste served. I would rather go for fresh pork loin which costs only RM19.  A down for this dish.

P.S I would give a high rating for the taste if I only order the Dwaeji Galbi.

Recommended dish: Dwaeji Galbi

No Service Charge. No Gov Tax.

Taste: 7.5/10
Ambiance: 8/10
Service: 6.5/10
Hygiene: 8/10
Value For Money: 7/10
Overall: 7.5/10

Disclaimer: All the comments above are solely based on my taste buds and based on the food that I have tasted but not the overall food. I don't get any profit from any party. If I provide the wrong information or if you have any recommended dishes, please let me know. Thanks.

Non-Halal

풀향기Pul Hyang Gi Korean Restaurant

1-22 PV 128,
JALAN GENTING KLANG SETAPAK,
53300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Business Hours: Mon - Sun: 11:00–23:00
Phone Number: 03-41416083

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pulhyanggikoreanrestaurant


No comments :

Post a Comment